Vintage display cabinets are a must in any living room design scheme. Whether for storing barware or displaying prized collectables, a vintage cabinet can be a practical, stylish, and colourful addition. Let Home Street Home's collection of cabinets inspire you as you bring even more style and organisation to your home.
Vintage Display Cabinet Versus Flat Pack Option
Disposable or fast furniture has picked up in popularity due to advancements in manufactured materials and fast-paced lifestyles. The popularity of fast furniture can also be attributed to not knowing how to style a space and feeling less stressed purchasing something quick and easy. The convenient option is to go to a mega-store and pick up a non-descript shelving unit that won't be difficult to part with once moving on or something better comes along. Unfortunately, the short-term convenience of flat-pack furniture has long term consequences. Flat-pack furniture is often made from MDF (medium-density fibreboard), aka engineered wood. It won't be around forever and clogs landfills once disposed of. Solid wood, which most vintage display cabinets are crafted, has a much longer lifecycle. Older, antique furniture made from natural materials can be repurposed or upcycled to modernise a piece, offering a more responsible now and a chance to move away from the disposable, one-use mindset. If you need help selecting the best vintage display cabinet for your home, visit our showroom or e-mail us, we're happy to help you find the best antique display cabinet.
Vintage Display Cabinets
Each room has different areas where a display cabinet fits perfectly. Some cabinets add vertical height, others are short and wide, small and tall, corner cabinets, and some combine the best of both. So which goes where? That's totally up to your style.
- Vertical display cabinets are usually used as complementary pieces, which means they help bring height to a living area. They also masterfully handle small spaces like the area next to a window.
- Short and wide display cabinets take advantage of leftover wall space to bring the room together and make it feel complete. That makes them ideal for placing underneath a large painting or a prominent decorative object.
- Use a single cabinet, a matching pair spaced apart or several different kinds placed around the room for an eclectic look.
- Corner cabinets are comfortable blending into the background as they draw attention to an area that may not be utilised.
Vintage Display Cabinets Upcycled
It is so satisfying to bring an old discarded piece of furniture back to life, and we like to think that whoever handcrafted it in the past would be pleased to see it being repurposed for a new generation. The environmental benefits of upcycling are massive. Aside from reducing the amount of discarded materials and waste sent to landfills each year, upcycling furniture minimises the need for production using new or raw materials. Resulting in reduced air pollution, water pollution, greenhouse gas emissions, and often conservation of global resources. Whether you're upcycling things yourself or buying upcycled pieces from us, it's always nice to know that you have something completely one of a kind.
Vintage Display Cabinets with Glass Doors
Glass-front display cabinets combine the benefits of solid, door-enclosed cabinetry and open shelving. They keep out dust and debris while helping to visually open up your living room. Glass-front cabinets can be illuminated for ambience, display your treasures, store functional items, and even transition an open floor plan, providing a beautiful visual focal point. Homeowners and designers love the flexibility that vintage display cabinets with glass doors offer. Our glass front display cabinets have the following options to choose from.
- Mullion Style - mullions are the dividing bars that separate glass panes in a door, much like those found in window panes.
- Sliding Glass - the glass doors glide on a recessed track at the bottom and top of the cabinet.
- Curio Cabinet - features glass on three sides at the panels and doors.
Vintage Display Wall Cabinet
Noteworthy items deserve a unique display to maintain security, protect from careless or unsupervised handling, and remain dust-free. Possessions such as trophies, glass and china, collectables and treasured trinkets should be enjoyed and appreciated, and a wall-mounted display cabinet provides the perfect solution to achieve this. Our wall display cabinets are available in various rich, painted textures and finishes with many styles to choose including shabby chic, modern, and rustic. Wall-mounted display cases are easy to install, require very little space and provide a great visual.